Charles A. Callis papers
Scope and Contents
Diaries (1893, 1940, 1943, and 1945), correspondence (1892-1947), reports of the Southern States Mission (1908-1934), sermons, articles, personal certificates, speeches, patriarchal blessings, and miscellaneous items. These materials deal with a wide range of Mormon theological and administrative issues. They also deal with personal and family matters.
- Callis, Charles A. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Utah lawyer, legislator of Utah, Summit County attorney, Mormon missionary, president of the Southern States Mission for the Mormon Church, and an apostle in the Mormon Church.
4 boxes (2 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS22.xml
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Callis, Charles A. -- Archives
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Doctrines
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--Southern States--History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Presidents--Correspondence
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Apostles--History
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon missionaries -- Southern States -- History
- Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church) -- History
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- Summit County (Utah) -- History
- Register of Charles A. Callis papers
- Andrea Wyss
- 2011 February 25
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.