Lisa Mitchell papers
Scope and Contents
Collection consists of correspondence, reviews, film reels, press kits, and newspaper and magazine articles written by Mitchell. Also included are photographs, posters, and other materials regarding Merlene of the Movies and Divine Mercy, No Escape. Two prospecti on proposed books about Cecil B. DeMille and the 1956 motion picture The Ten Commandments are among the materials, along with musical programs from Annie, Fiddler on the Roof, and others. Also included are video tapes of Mitchell's speeches 50-plus and Living, Spiritual Awakening, and a forum speech. Dated 1955-1999.
- Mitchell, Lisa, 1940- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Lisa Mitchell papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
No duplication of commercial videocassettes is allowed without written permission from the copyright holder.
Lisa Mitchell (born 1940) is an actress and writer in California.
Lisa Mitchell was born in 1940 and began her career as an actress at age fifteen when she played a daughter of Jethro in The Ten Commandments. She acted in films and television over the next sixteen years while continuing her education. After graduating with honors from Immaculate Heart College, Mitchell started her professional writing career. Mitchell has written hundreds of book reviews for the Los Angeles Times column. Her articles range from celebrity interviews, social commentaries and literary essays, short stories, and poetry. She has written two award-winning movies: Divine Mercy, No Escape and Merlene of the Movies. Mitchell has written and produced hundreds of half-hour programs for the television series, Heart of the Nation. Mitchell has assisted in fiction classes at Immaculate Heart College and lectured in Hollywood. She has won prizes at three international film festivals.
7 cartons (7 linear ft.)
1 item (1 linear ft.)
2 oversize boxes (5 linear ft.)
3 oversize folders (4 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Donated by Lisa Mitchell in 1993.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Lisa Mitchell; 1993.
Arts and Communications.
Processed; Katie Connors, student processor and John Murphy, curator; 2008.
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- DeMille, Cecil B. (Cecil Blount), 1881-1959
- Material Types
- Mitchell, Lisa, 1940- -- Archives
- Motion pictures
- Motion pictures -- Production and direction -- United States
- Performing Arts
- Ten commandments (Motion picture : 1956)
- Video tapes
- Mitchell, Lisa, 1940- (Person)
- Register of Lisa Mitchell papers
- Katie Connors, student processor and John Murphy, curator
- 2008 August 26
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Carton: 1 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 2 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 3 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 4 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 6 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 8 (Mixed Materials)
- oversize: 9 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 12 (Mixed Materials)
- oversize-folder: 10 (Graphic Materials)
- oversize-folder: 7 (Mixed Materials)
- oversize-folder: 5 (Mixed Materials)
- oversize: 13 (Realia)
- oversize-folder: 11 (Graphic Materials)
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States