Howard Pearson papers
Scope and Contents note
The collection contains an assortment of public and private papers belonging to Pearson. The personal papers include awards he received in conjunction with both work and personal pursuits. Correspondence, keepsakes, and souvenirs comprise other personal papers. The rest of the collection is made up of various publications, interviews, and other work-related projects that provide insight into the development of film and television media over the span of several decades.
- Pearson, Howard, 1917-1984 (Person)
- Harold B. Lee Library. Department of Special Collections & Manuscripts (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access note
These materials may not be used until fully processed, and then only with the permission of the curator.
Conditions Governing Use note
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Howard Pearson papers must be obtained from the Permissions & Licensing Office of the University and the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Pearson was motion picture and television editor for the "Deseret News" from the 1940s until the 1980s.
2 oversize boxes (2.66 linear ft.)
12 cartons (12 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
The papers contain correspondence, interview notes, column copy, awards, and other memorabilia.
Other Finding Aids note
A more detailed finding aid is available in print in the repository.
Other Finding Aids
Item-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS2147.xml
Custodial History note
Papers passed from creator to his daughter, Barbara, who donated them to BYU.
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Donated; Barbara Pearson.
Arts and Communications.
Social history of Utah in regards to media.
Processing Information note
Processed; James V. D'Arc and John N. Gillespie; 1999.
- Register of the Howard Pearson papers
- James V. D'Arc and John N. Gillespie
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Carton: 12 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 11 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 8 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 7 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 10 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 9 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 4 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 3 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 6 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 5 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 2 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 1 (Mixed Materials)
- oversize: 13 (Mixed Materials)
- oversize: 14 (Mixed Materials)
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States