Joseph Fish typescripts of histories and diaries
Scope and Contents
The Fish diaries cover his life from the 1840s to 1926. His histories of Arizona and his series on Pioneers of the Southwest and Rocky Mountain Region cover aspects of western history from 1500-1905. The Joseph Fish typescripts include: "The Diaries of Joseph Fish," Fish's "History of the Eastern Arizona Stake of Zion and the Establishment of the Snowflake Stake," a "History of Arizona Territory," volumes 4-7 of "Pioneers of the Southwest and Rocky Mountain Region," and "History of Enterprise and its Surroundings."
- Fish, Joseph, 1840-1926 (creator, Person)
- Tanner, George S. (contributor, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to use material from this collection must be obtained from Reference Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mormon pioneer and historian.
3 boxes (1.5 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Vasco M. Tanner donated typescripts of the Joseph Fish diaries. Also, Chad Flake, Supervisor of Special Collections, transferred in 1982 typescripts of Fish's Rocky Mountain histories to the Manuscript Department.
History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon and Western American Manuscripts Collection Development Policy V.B.5.a, 2020)
- Arizona -- History
- California -- History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Eastern Arizona Stake
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Snowflake Arizona Stake
- Drafts (Documents)
- Fish, Joseph, 1840-1926
- Hamblin, Jacob, 1819-1886
- Histories (Literary works)
- Indians of North America -- Arizona
- Lyman, Francis M. (Francis Marion), 1840-1916
- Mormon pioneers -- History
- Smith, Jesse Nathaniel, 1834-1906
- Smith, John Henry, 1848-1911
- Snow, Erastus Fairbanks, 1818-1888
- Snowflake (Ariz.) -- History
- Utah -- Emigration and immigration -- History
- Utah -- History
- Wells, Daniel H. (Daniel Hanmer), 1814-1891
- Young, Brigham, 1836-1903
- Register of Joseph Fish typescripts of histories and diaries
- Under Revision
- Lucy Brimhall
- 2013 February 27
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States