Genevieve Tietjen papers
Scope and Contents
Correspondence, speeches, memorabilia, newspaper clippings, biographies, autobiographies, and patriarchal blessings for the Mormon Church. The materials relate to Genevieve Tietjen and her husband, Henry Roland Tietjen, particularly when Henry served as a mission president for the Mormon Church in Hawaii. The biographies and autobiographies relate largely to Sarah' ancestors.
- Tietjen, Genevieve, 1891-1984 (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research. Photographs: Items kept in cold storage; access requires 24 hours advance notice.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Genevieve Tietjen papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon woman who lived in Ephraim and Monroe, Utah, and in Hawaii.
2 oversize folders (0.08 linear ft.)
1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Briant S. Jacobs; 1983.
LDS, Utah, and Western American women (20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.V, 2007).
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--Hawaii--History
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Hawaii -- History
- Material Types
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon missionaries -- Hawaii -- History
- Mormon women -- Utah -- History
- Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church)
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- Tietjen, H. R. (Henry Roland), 1891-1976
- Willardson family
- Register of Genevieve Tietjen papers
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 April 7
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.