Leah D. Widstoe papers
Scope and Contents
Newspaper clippings, magazine articles, correspondence, galley proofs of manuscripts to be published with handwritten corrections, and brochures on linen. Widstoe writes about the Word of Wisdom, various nutritional issues, and teaching. The correspondence deals largely with Leah's work with her husband while he was serving as the president of the European and British Mission of the Mormon Church.
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Leah D. Widstoe papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Teacher of nutrition and wife of the Mormon Apostle, John A. Widstoe.
2 boxes (10 linear in.)
LDS, Utah, and Western American women (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.V, 2007).
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--Europe--History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--Great Britain--History
- Colleges and Universities
- Drafts (Documents)
- Linen -- History
- Mormon women -- Correspondence
- Women educators -- Utah -- History
- Women nutritionists -- Utah -- History -- Sources
- Word of wisdom
- Register of Leah D. Widstoe papers
- Andrea Wyss
- 2011 April 13
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.