Earl Stanley Paul diaries
Scope and Contents
Handwritten diaries kept in 10 volumes from 1912 to 1979. There are many gaps. Paul writes about his mission to Samoa from 1912 to 1916, his service in the United States Army from 1918 to 1919 in France, his marriage, Mormon church activities, and his second mission to Samoa. He also includes autobiographical materials with the diary entries. Also included area typewritten autobiography, a family history, a volume of miscellaneous correspondence and certificates, and drafts of his writings. Also included are a few photographs of people Paul associated with in the administration of Weber College in Ogden, Utah.
- Paul, Earl Stanley, 1889-1988 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Earl Stanley Paul diaries must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon missionary, building contractor, school teacher, and writer who lived in Ogden, Utah.
16 v. (10 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--Samoan Islands--History
- Electronic books
- Home and Family
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormons -- Samoan Islands -- History
- Mormons -- Utah -- Ogden -- History
- Ogden (Utah) -- History
- Paul, Earl Stanley, 1889-1988 -- Diaries
- Rexburg (Idaho) -- History -- Sources
- Samoan Islands -- History
- Social Life and Customs
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives, American
- Register of Earl Stanley Paul diaries
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 July 20
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.