Joseph Robinson Walker papers
Scope and Contents
Account books, correspondence, newspaper clippings, a reminiscence of Walker's participation in the Walker War against the Ute Indians in 1853, certificates, legislative acts passed by the Utah Legislature, and minutes of meetings. The materials deal largely with the Walker banking, mining, and business interests in Utah. The correspondence are to and from family members and deal largely with family and business matters.
- Walker, Joseph Robinson, 1836-1901 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Banker and businessman in Utah.
3 boxes (1.5 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Account books
- Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Banks and banking -- Utah -- History
- Businessmen -- Utah -- History
- Mines and Mineral Resources
- Mines and mineral resources -- Utah -- History
- Minutes (Records)
- Utah -- History
- Utah -- Politics and government
- Ute Indians -- Wars -- History
- Walker Bank -- History
- Walker, Joseph Robinson, 1836-1901
- Register of Joseph Robinson Walker papers
- Megan Furcini
- 2011 April 19
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.