Israel Franklin Evans papers
Scope and Contents
Certificates, handwritten and typewritten correspondence, speeches, reports, newspaper clippings, receipts, a short biography, magazines, legal papers, a guest book, and a diary. The guest book and diary are found in the same volume. Some of the materials relate to Evans' service as president of the Eastern States Mission for the Mormon Church. The materials deal with his service to the Mormon Church, his law career, and his interest in education in Utah. Many of the items relate to contact with General Authorities of the Mormon Church and to the activities of Evans' wife, Priscilla Livingston Evans.
- Evans, Israel Franklin (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon lawyer and farmer in Utah.
1 box (0.5 linear inches)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Francelle Evans Larsen; 1979.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Apostles--History
- Evans, Priscilla Livingston
- Lawyers -- Utah -- History
- Material Types
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- East (U.S.) -- History
- Mormons -- Utah -- History
- Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church) -- History
- Politicians -- Utah -- History
- Register of Israel Franklin Evans papers
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 April 18
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.