Ebenezer Beesley papers
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 1745
Scope and Contents
Mormon hymn books, musical scores, newspaper clippings, a short autobiography, a biography, and letters. Also included is a photostat copy of a handwritten list of passangers on the William Tapscott in 1859. The Mormons on the ship later formed the George Rowley handcart company which emigrated to Utah in 1859. Also included is a typescript of a diary by an unnamed person describing the journey to Utah with the Rowley company. This is transcription from the Journal History of the Church related to this company. All materials dated 1863-1950.
- Beesley, Ebenezer, 1840-1906 (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Ebenezer Beesley papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Utah pioneer musician.
2 boxes (10 linear inches)
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Mormon handcart companies
- Mormons -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- History
- Mormons -- Utah -- Tooele -- History
- Musicians -- Utah -- History
- Rowley Handcart Company -- History -- Sources
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- History
- Tooele (Utah) -- History
- William Tapscott (Ship) -- History
- Register of Ebenezer Beesley papers
- Under Revision
- Andrea Wyss
- 2011 April 18
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.