Susan Elizabeth Redd Butler papers
Scope and Contents
Correspondence, autobiographies, diaries, biographies, newspaper clippings, and school compositions. The correspondence, biographies, and diaries relate to Susan's family and parents. Many of the items relate to Mormon polygamy and to Butler's school career. Also included is a biography and biographical materials of Butler's father, Lemuel Hardison Redd.
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon woman who was raised in New Harmony, Utah, and later lived in Juarez, Mexico, and in Mesa, Arizona.
2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
LDS, Utah, and Western American women (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.V, 2007).
- Home and Family
- Latter Day Saint women -- Arizona -- Mesa -- History
- Latter Day Saint women -- Mexico -- History
- Latter Day Saint women -- Utah -- New Harmony -- History
- Latter Day Saints -- Mexico -- History
- Latter Day Saints -- Utah -- New Harmony -- History
- Mesa (Ariz.) -- History
- New Harmony (Utah) -- History
- Polygamy -- Mexico -- History -- Sources
- Polygamy -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History
- Polygamy -- Utah -- History
- Redd family
- Redd, Lemuel Hardison, 1836-1910
- Social Life and Customs
- Register of Susan Elizabeth Redd Butler papers
- Andrea Wyss
- 2011 April 15
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.