Lewis and Clark exposition
Scope and Contents
Handwritten assignments. These items were done by school children at schools in Provo, Utah. The topics covered include: writing (grades 1-4) and writing (grades 4-8), arithmetic (grades 2-8), geography and history (grades 4-7), and language and grammar (grades 1-8). These assignments were bound into books with "Lewis and Clark Exposition 1905 Provo Public Schools" on the spines.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Lewis and Clark exposition must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
5 volumes (ca. 1000 pages)
Language of Materials
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Arithmetic -- Study and teaching -- Utah -- Provo -- History
- Education -- Utah -- Provo -- History
- English language -- Study and teaching -- Utah -- Provo -- History
- Geography -- Study and teaching -- Utah -- Provo -- History -- Sources
- History -- Study and teaching -- Utah -- Provo
- Mormons -- Utah -- Provo -- History
- Penmanship -- Utah -- Provo -- History -- Sources
- Provo (Utah) -- History
- Register of Lewis and Clark exposition
- Lucy Brimhall
- 2013 February 27
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.