Kanute Swensen diaries
Scope and Contents
Handwritten diaries with bound photostat copies of the items. The first two volumes, covering the years 1857 to 1868, are in Danish, while the remainder are in English. Also included is a typewritten translation into English of the diaries for the years 1857 and 1858 when Swensen was serving a mission for the Mormon Church in Denmark. Swensen writes about his immigration to Utah and his life in Pleasant Grove.
- Swensen, Kanute, 1827-1902 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Kanute Swensen diaries must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Danish member of the Mormon Church who migrated to Pleasant Grove, Utah.
1 oversize box (1 linear ft.)
4 boxes (2 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--Denmark--History
- Danish Americans -- Utah -- Pleasant Grove -- History -- Sources
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon missionaries -- Denmark -- Diaries
- Mormon pioneers -- History
- Mormons -- Utah -- Pleasant Grove -- History
- Pleasant Grove (Utah) -- History
- Swensen, Kanute, 1827-1902 -- Diaries
- Register of Kanute Swensen diaries
- Megan Furcini
- 2011 February 28
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States