Hyrum Jenkins Smith diaries and correspondence
Scope and Contents
Diaries and correspondence. Hyrum's correspondence is between family members and church leaders including his father, who was serving as a mission president in Canada, and Frederick Madison Smith (1874-1946), historian for the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
- Smith, Hyrum Jenkins, 1914-1999 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Hyrum Jenkins Smith diaries and correspondence must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Businessmen -- Utah -- Correspondence
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions -- Canada
- Material Types
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Canada
- Mormons -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- Correspondence
- Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints -- Doctrines
- Smith family -- Correspondence
- Smith, Frederick Madison, 1874-1946
- Register of Hyrum Jenkins Smith diaries and correspondence
- Jennifer Kim
- 2011 September 13
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.