A. Walter Stevenson papers and photographs
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of a diary which Stevenson kept while on his mission in England during 1921-1923, 4 anti-Mormon posters acquired while on his mission, 4 scrapbooks, and miscellaneous items. The scrapbooks relate to Stevenson's travels and activities, especially with the Boy Scouts of America. Photographs are located in box 2 and mainly deal with Stevenson's involvement with the Boy Scouts of America. These photographs include pictures of LDS church leaders David O. Mackay, Harold B. Lee and Ezra Taft Benson at scouting functions.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from A. Walter Stevenson papers and photographs must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Businessman, politician, Mormon Church leader, and active in civic affairs.
1 oversize folder
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
Conservation Work for journal in folder 7: paper mending and portfolio created (15Feb2005).
- Benson, Ezra Taft -- Photographs
- Boy Scouts of America
- Businessmen -- Utah -- Ogden -- Biography
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--Great Britain--History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. British Mission -- History
- Lee, Harold B., 1899-1973 -- Photographs
- McKay, David O. (David Oman), 1873-1970 -- Photographs
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon missionaries -- Great Britain -- Diaries
- Ogden (Utah) -- Politics and government -- History
- Politicians -- Utah -- Ogden -- Biography
- Stevenson, A. Walter (Alfred Walter), 1900-1974 -- Diaries
- Register of A. Walter Stevenson papers and photographs
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 May 20
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.