Charles Sidney Noble papers
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 1530
Scope and Contents note
Collection includes correspondence, certificates, speeches, notes, a diary, essays, and photographs documenting Noble's mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Eastern United States, his service in the United States Army, and his work as a city manager. Also includes term papers, Cuyahoga Community College reports of student statistical information, proceedings of a court trial involving Noble Uranium, a history and biographies of Noble's in-laws, Hilmar E. Erickson and Luetta Erickson, and his own autobiography.
- Noble, Charles Sidney, 1920-1977 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use note
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Charles Sidney Noble papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Charles Sidney Noble (1920-1978) was a city manager in Vernal and Tooele, Utah. He was also an educator at various colleges in the United States.
19 boxes (9.5 linear ft.)
The personal, family and professional papers of Charles Sidney Noble, 1941-1988.
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS1530.xml
Custodial History note
Donated by Charles and Helen Noble in 1979 and 1989.
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Donated; Charles and Helen Noble; 1979 and 1989.
Utah and American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
Processing Information note
Processed; Melissa Cowles, Dec. 11, 2007.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--East (U.S.)
- Colleges and Universities
- Cuyahoga Community College
- Erickson family
- Mormon authors -- Biography
- Mormon missionaries -- East (U.S.) -- Diaries
- Noble Uranium Corporation
- Noble, Charles Sidney, 1920-1977 -- Archives
- United States. Army
- Register of Charles Sidney Noble papers
- Karen Glenn and Melissa Cowles, student processor, and John Murphy, curator
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Box: 5 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 6 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 7 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 8 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 1 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 2 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 3 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 4 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 17 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 16 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 15 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 14 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 18 (Mixed Materials)
- oversize: 1 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 13 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 10 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 9 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 12 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 11 (Mixed Materials)