John Bushman papers
Scope and Contents
Collection consists of original diaries covering 1871-1923, along with typescripts; a personal account book; receipts; temple recommend; microfilm copy of the diaries and an autobiography; photocopies of appraisal and accounts books for the chapter of the United Order in St. Joseph; minutes of United Order meetings; and typecript of correspondence. While most of the diary entries are one-liners narrating the author's daily activities in northern Arizona and occasional trips to Utah, others are quite detailed and provide good insights into life on the Mormon frontier.
- Bushman, John, 1843-1926 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Some of the original diaries are restricted because of their physical condition. Complete typescripts are available in their place.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from John Bushman papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon pioneer in Utah and Arizona, Bishop for the Mormon Church in Snowflake, Arizona.
3 boxes (1.5 linear ft.) : handwritten.photocopies. microfilm. typewritten.
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS1520.xml
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Bushman, John, 1843-1926 -- Archives
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Arizona -- Sources
- Indians of North America
- Material Types
- Mormon Church -- Arizona -- History
- Mormon Church -- Utah -- History
- Mormon missionaries -- Arizona -- History -- Sources
- Mormons -- Arizona
- Mormons -- Arizona -- History
- Mormons -- Colonization -- Arizona -- History
- Mormons -- Social life and customs
- United orders (Mormon Church) -- Arizona -- Joseph City -- History
- Register of John Bushman papers
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 March 11
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.