Edwin James Stanley papers
Scope and Contents
Family papers, ministerial records, biographical and historical writings, and research and reference files. Stanley travelled extensively in Montana as a Methodist Episcopal minister and circuit preacher and wrote anecdotes about his experiences. He was also a biographer of early Montana residents, including another minister, Learner B. Stateler. Included in the collection are the personal and professional papers of E. G. Brooke, Stanley's father-in-law and member of the House of Representatives for the Territory of Montana.
- Stanley, Edwin James, 1848-1919 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Methodist Episcopal minister, circuit preacher, and author.
4 boxes (2 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS1484.xml
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Authors, American -- Montana -- Biography
- Brooke, E. G.
- Circuit riders -- Montana -- History -- Sources
- Clergy as authors -- Montana -- History -- Sources
- Methodist Episcopal Church -- Clergy -- Montana -- History -- Sources
- Methodist preaching -- Montana -- History -- Sources
- Montana -- History
- Stanley family
- Stanley, Edwin James, 1848-1919
- Stateler, Learner Blackman, 1811-1896
- Register of Edwin James Stanley papers
- Andrea Wyss
- 2011 March 10
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States