Wright family letters
Scope and Contents
Collection includes correspondence between George Wright and his family during his immigration to Utah detailing his handcart journey, 1860-1861, and correspondence of other Wright family members between England and Utah, 1869-1884.
- Wright, George, 1835-1861 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Wright family letters must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
Folder-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS1450.xml
Gift of Charles S. Rippon, 1978.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Charles S. Rippon; 1978.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Hobson, Andrew -- Correspondence
- Latter Day Saint handcart companies
- Latter Day Saint pioneers
- Material Types
- Rippon, Ann W., 1838-1912 -- Correspondence
- United States -- Emigration and immigration
- Wright family
- Wright, George, 1835-1861 -- Correspondence
- Wright, John, 1841-1914 -- Correspondence
- Wright, Sarah S. -- Correspondence
- Register of Wright family letters
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 March 9
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.