Charles Kuhlman collection on the Battle of the Little Big Horn
Scope and Contents
Collection includes correspondence with Custer historians (indexed), writings concerning the battle, research and reference files (indexed), maps and photographs of the battle site, biographical material on Kuhlman, memorabilia, and other papers. Correspondents include Earl Alonzo Brininstool, Fred Dustin, Robert Spurrier Ellison, W. A. Falconer, Edward Smith Luce, and Elwood L. Nye.
- Kuhlman, Charles, 1872-1959 (creator, Person)
- Ellison, Robert Spurrier (correspondent, Person)
- Brininstool, E. A. (Earl Alonzo), 1870-1957 (correspondent, Person)
- Nye, Elwood L. (correspondent, Person)
- Falconer, W. A. (correspondent, Person)
- Shick, Hugh (correspondent, Person)
- Stackpole, Edward J. (Edward James), 1894- (correspondent, Person)
- Utley, Robert M., 1929- (correspondent, Person)
- Frost, Lawrence A. (correspondent, Person)
- Graham, W. A. (William Alexander), 1875-1954 (correspondent, Person)
- Hutchins, James S. (correspondent, Person)
- Dustin, Fred, 1866- (correspondent, Person)
- Luce, Edward S. (Edward Smith) (correspondent, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Charles Kuhlman collection on the Battle of the Little Big Horn must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Charles Kuhlman (1872-1959) was a historian in Montana.
4 boxes (2 linear ft.)
1 oversize folder (0.3 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
Unpublished register available in the library.
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS1401.xml
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased; Michael Kour; 1973.
Purchased; Fred Dustin; 1974.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
Photographs have been transferred to Photoarchives. Purchased from Michael Kour, 1973 and Fred Dustin, 1974. Photographs available as photocopies in main collection.
- Register of Charles Kuhlman collection on the Battle of the Little Big Horn
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 March 8
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.