Transcription of the Averett Family ledger book
Scope and Contents
Narrative of the history of members of the Averett family, including conversion, activities in Far West and Nauvoo, emigration westward, and settlement and activities in Utah Territory. The transcription was entrusted to P.T. Reilly.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Transcription of the Averett Family ledger book must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
1 folder (0.1 linear ft.) : 12p.; photoduplicated typewritten.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; George S. Tanner; 1972.
19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts.
- Averett, Johanna Christina Neilson, 1837-1924
- Averett, John, -1847
- Far West (Mo.)
- Immigration and American Expansion
- Kanab (Utah)
- Mormon pioneers
- Mormons -- Persecutions
- Mountain Meadows Massacre, Utah, 1857
- Nauvoo (Ill.)
- Overland Journeys to the Western United States
- Rockwell, Orrin Porter, 1813-1878
- Smith, Joseph, Jr., 1805-1844
- Washington County (Utah)
- Reilly, P. T. (Plez Talmadge), 1911-1996 (Person)
- Averett, Elijah, 1810-1886 (Person)
- Averett, Murray (Person)
- Tanner, George S. (Person)
- Register of Transcription of the Averett Family ledger book
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 March 7
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States