Scope and Contents
Photocopies of handwritten and signed letters. Three of the items are letters of introduction by the second president of the Mormon Church, Brigham Young. Another letter is from Brigham Young asking William Huntington for his aid in bringing Clarissa A. Scofield to Mormon Church headquarters. This item also includes a lengthy postscript concerning activities in preparation for the Mormon migration to Utah. Also included is a letter from the Mormon Apostle, Heber C. Kimball, asking Huntington to look after Sarah Noon.
- Kimball, Heber C. (Heber Chase), 1801-1868 (Person)
- Huntington, Oliver Boardman, 1823-1907 (Person)
- Young, Brigham, 1801-1877 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Letters received must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
Mormon pioneer and missionary.
1 folder (0.05 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Register of Letters received
- Rose Frank
- 18 March 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.