Skip to main content

The history of the bank of Pleasant Grove and Deseret Bank, 1911-1990, 1990

 Series — Box: 1, Folder: 1
Identifier: MSS 3686 Series 3

Scope and Contents

Contains a published copy of The History of the Bank of Pleasant Grove and Deseret Bank, 1911-1990. The Bank of Pleasant Grove was located in Pleasant Grove, Utah. The book describes the start of the bank, important events in its history, troubles that it had, and its eventual incorporation into the Deseret Bank located in Utah County, Utah. The book also gives the history of many of the bank presidents and executives.

Dates

  • 1990

Conditions Governing Access

Open for public research.

Conditions Governing Use

It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Deseret Bank records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.

Administrative History

From the Collection:

Deseret Bancorporation became a holding company in Utah County, Utah, in 1977, and later became Deseret Bank on May 1, 1982.

The Bank of Pleasant Grove, State Bank of Lehi, and Mountain View Bank formed a holding company called Deseret Bancorporation, which was completed in 1977. Deseret Bancorporation opened another bank named Geneva State Bank. These four banks later became branches of Deseret Bank on May 1, 1982. Deseret Bank was then the largest independent bank in Utah County. In 1990, Deseret Bank merged into First Security System.

Extent

1 folder

Language

English

Creator

Repository Details

Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository

Contact:
1130 HBLL
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States