William Gates collection of Tzotzil texts, 1521-1940
Scope and Contents
Contains photocopies and typescripts of Christian-related texts from Gates' collecton of texts in the Tzotzil language.
Language of Materials
Materials in English, Spanish, French, and Native American languages.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from William Gates papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
William Gates (1863-1940) was an author, linguist, archaeologist, collector, publisher, museum director, and president of the Maya Society.
- Central America -- Languages
- Central America -- Languages -- History -- Sources
- Gates, William, 1863-1940 -- Archives
- Indians of Central America -- Languages -- History
- Indians of Mexico -- Languages -- History
- Indians of South America -- Languages
- Maya Society
- Gates, William, 1863-1940 (creator, Person)
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States