William Gates writings on the San Diego Museum, 1915-1930
Scope and Contents
Contains the San Diego Museum's articles of incorporation, a multiple page, typed membership list, five bulletins/announcements from 1917 to 1930, an announcement appealing for members of the museum, and Gates' life membership card for the museum.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from William Gates papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
William Gates (1863-1940) was an author, linguist, archaeologist, collector, publisher, museum director, and president of the Maya Society.
- Articles of incorporation
- Aztecs -- History
- Central America -- Antiquities
- Central America -- Languages -- History -- Sources
- Indians of Central America -- History
- Indians of Central America -- Languages -- History
- Indians of Mexico -- Antiquities
- Indians of Mexico -- History
- Indians of Mexico -- Languages -- History
- San Diego Museum