Peter Brosnan research on the 1956 Ten Commandments film, approximately 1956-2022
Scope and Contents
Contains papers and audiovisual materials collected by Peter Brosnan for his research on Cecil B. DeMille's 1956 Ten Commandments film, which was filmed on location in Egypt and Mount Sinai. Includes audiotapes, videocassettes, 16mm film reels, biographies either typed or printed from the internet, press articles and clippings about the 1956 film, an original lobby card for the film, and research notes. Materials dated 1956 to 2022.
- approximately 1956-2022
- Brosnan, Peter (creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to use material from this collection must be obtained from Reference Services at email@example.com.
Peter Brosnan was born July 6, 1952. He studied at the film school at New York University and became a writer and director. He is known for his most recent documentary, "The Lost City of Cecil B. Demille," as well as "Perfect Target" and "Hit List."
1 oversize folder
4 sound tape reels
1 film box
2 online resource
Language of Materials
- Brosnan, Peter -- Archives
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Curtis, Edward S., 1868-1952
- DeMille, Cecil B. (Cecil Blount), 1881-1959
- Guadalupe-Nipomo Dunes National Wildlife Refuge (Calif.)
- Motion picture producers and directors -- United States -- History
- Motion pictures -- Production and direction -- History
- Ten commandments (Motion picture : 1956)