Spring City Irrigation Company records, 1895-1999
Scope and Contents
Collection contains materials pertaining to Spring City Irrigation Company. Includes ledgers, record books, and share certificates. Dates from 1895-1999.
- Central Utah Water Company (creator, Organization)
- Spring City Irrigation Company (contributor, Organization)
- Cedar Creek Tunnel Irrigation Company (contributor, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Central Utah Water Company records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
The Central Utah Water Company (est. 1926) is a water company in Lynndyl, Utah.
In 1926 the Sevier River Land and Water Company in Lyndyll, Utah was reorganized as the Central Utah Water Company in an attempt to keep settlers in nearby McCornick from moving following several dry years. Settlers completely abandoned McCornick in 1929, but the company has remained active in Lyndyll since.
The Cedar Creek Tunnel Irrigation Company (1894-2002) was a water company in Emery County, Utah.
The Cedar Creek Tunnel Irrigation Company obtained water rights in 1894. The Utah business license expired on December 4, 2002. This is not to be confused with the fictitious company by the same name established in 2005.
The Spring City Irrigation Company (1894-1943) was a water company in Sanpete County, Utah.
On March 24, 1894, the Spring City Irrigation Company was incorporated in Sanpete County Utah. The capital stock of $3,000 was fully paid for by owners of land watered by the canal, Oak Creek, and part of Cedar Creek. On November 17, 1943 the name of the company was changed to Cedar Creek Tunnel Irrigation Company.
Language of Materials