Lecture series collection
Scope and Contents
Recordings of lectures given September 22, and November 3, 1982; and January 19, and March 9, 1983. Subjects discussed includeed Mormonism and secularization; the Utah Territorial Militia; the influence of Mormonism in Colonia Dublan, Chiuahua, Mexico; and the settlement of Cache and Weber valleys, Utah.
- Charles Redd Center for Western Studies. Lecture Series (contributor, Organization)
- Arrington, Leonard J. (speaker, Person)
- Christy, Howard A., 1933- (speaker, Person)
- Mauss, Amand L. (speaker, Person)
- Walquist, Wayne L. (speaker, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Lecture series collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
4 folders (0.2 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift Charles Redd Center.
University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
The lectures were later published in the Charles Redd Monograph Series.
Recorded in Provo, Utah.
- Allen family
- Cache Valley (Utah and Idaho)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Corey family
- Dublán (Mexico)
- Immigration and American Expansion
- Latter Day Saints -- Cache Valley (Utah and Idaho) -- History
- Latter Day Saints -- Utah -- Weber Valley
- Migration, Internal -- Cache Valley (Utah and Idaho)
- Migration, Internal -- Utah -- Weber Valley
- Sound recordings
- Wattis family
- Weber County (Utah)
- Register of Lecture series collection
- Jennifer Kim
- 2011 August 22
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.