Oral history interview with Thomas E. Cheney
Scope and Contents
Interview by J. Roman Andrus with Tom Cheney, Brigham Young University English professor, concerning his teaching experience, his relationship with the faculty and administration, and his paper concerning African Americans and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and subsequent controversy. Includes sound recording and transcript.
- Cheney, Thomas E. (Thomas Edward), 1901-1993 (interviewee, Person)
- Andrus, J. Roman (James Roman), 1907-1993 (interviewer, Person)
- Joint Oral History Project (Brigham Young University) (contributor, Organization)
- Harold B. Lee Library. University Archives (contributor, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Oral history interview with Thomas E. Cheney must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Thomas E. Cheney (1901-1993) was an English professor and academic administrator in Utah.
1 volume (19 pages)
4 folders (0.1 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
Recorded in Provo, Utah.
Recorded as part of the Joint Oral History Project of the BYU Archives.
- Brigham Young University -- Administration
- Brigham Young University -- Faculty
- Christensen, Parley A. (Parley Alma), 1888-1968
- Colleges and Universities
- Crockett, Earl C.
- De Jong, Gerrit, 1892-1978
- McDonald, Howard S. (Howard Stevenson), 1894-1986
- Mormons -- Attitudes
- Oral histories
- Wilkinson, Ernest L., 1899-1978
- Register of Oral history interview with Thomas E. Cheney
- Jennifer Kim
- 2011 August 16
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.