Oral history interview with Arthur Rich Watkins
Scope and Contents
Transcript of interview conducted as part of the Brigham Young University Archives Joint Oral History Project of the Brigham Young University Alumni Association Emeritus Club in 1991. Watkins talks about his first years at Brigham Young University, U.S. Army Service, getting a Ph.D. at Stanford, teaching at Brigham Young University, and coping with a growing family.
- Watkins, Arthur Rich, 1916- (interviewee, Person)
- Brigham Young University. Alumni Association (contributor, Organization)
- Joint Oral History Project (Brigham Young University) (contributor, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Oral history interview with Arthur Rich Watkins must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Arthur Rich Watkins (1916-2012) was a professor of German in Utah.
1 folder (0.02 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Part of University Archives; department records (University Archives collecting policy July 2003).
- Brigham Young University -- Alumni and alumnae -- History
- Brigham Young University -- Faculty -- Interviews
- Brigham Young University. Department of Germanic and Slavic Languages (1968-1972)
- Colleges and Universities
- Oral histories
- Universities and colleges -- Utah -- Provo -- Faculty -- Interviews
- Watkins, Arthur Rich, 1916- -- Interviews
- Register of Oral history interview with Arthur Rich Watkins
- Jennifer Kim
- 2011 August 18
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.