Oral history interview with Alma Heaton
Scope and Contents
Interview by David Whittaker with Alma Heaton, who recounts his childhood in Kanab, education, courtship, military service, and subsequent appointment at Brigham Young University. Also speaks on service and experiences in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Includes sound recordings and transcript.
- Heaton, Alma (interviewee, Person)
- Whittaker, David J. (interviewer, Person)
- Brigham Young University. Alumni Association (contributor, Organization)
- Joint Oral History Project (Brigham Young University) (contributor, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Oral history interview with Alma Heaton must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Alma Heaton was a professor of Recreation Management at Brigham Young University.
1 volume (42 pages)
5 folders (0.2 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
Recorded in Provo, Utah.
Recorded as part of the BYU Joint Oral History Project.
Includes related transcription material.
- Register of Oral history interview with Alma Heaton
- Jennifer Kim
- 2011 August 18
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.