Department of Educational Psychology records
Scope and Contents
Contains accreditation/reaccreditation reports, research tests and results, communicative disorder articles, and department correspondence. Materials date from between 1968 and 1991.
- Brigham Young University. Department of Educational Psychology (creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Department of Educational Psychology records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
The Department of Educational Psychology (1972-1997) was an instructional unit at Brigham Young University. The department taught courses on special education, counseling/guidance, audiology, and various forms of psychology.
9 boxes (4.5 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
A more detailed finding aid is available in print in the repository.
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA855.xml
Recovered from records Center in 1998 from a set of larger files, prior to the larger set of files being destroyed.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred; Records Center; 1998.
Departmental records (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
Processed; Katie Shull; 2003. Collection received in three cartons, sorted by topic in letter-sized manilla folders. The processor transferred the files to legal-sized manilla folders, keeping the same topic headings.
- Brigham Young University -- Students
- Brigham Young University. Communicative Disorders Clinic
- Brigham Young University. Speech Clinic
- Brigham Young University. Speech and Dramatic Arts Department (1967-1975)
- Colleges and Universities
- Newman, Parley W., 1923-
- Provo (Utah)
- Register of the Department of Educational Psychology records
- J. Gordon Daines III and Katie Shull
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- Box: 1 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 2 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 3 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 4 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 5 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 6 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 7 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 8 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 9 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 10 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 11 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 12 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 13 (Mixed Materials)
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections. University Archives Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo UT 84602 US