Alumni Association records on Memorial Hall dedication
Scope and Contents
Contains work files concerning dedication for the Memorial Hall in the Ernest L. Wilkinson Center on the Brigham Young University campus, honoring students killed during the Korean and Vietnam wars. Most likely files of dedication director, Joyce Baggerly. Files concern invitation lists, dedication committee, media coverage, research, Freedoms Foundation award, personal responses to the ceremony, and photographs of the memorial plaques. Also includes a copy of the program and accompanying brochure listing students killed in Korean and Vietnam wars; also a brochure listing students killed in World Wars I and II. The second brochure also lists students who served in World War II who were not killed. A previous ceremony for students killed in World War II was held December 8th, 1967.
- Brigham Young University. Alumni Association (creator, Organization)
- Baggerly, Joyce (contributor, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Alumni Association records on Memorial Hall dedication must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
9 folders (0.25 linear ft.)
1 microfilm reel
Language of Materials
File types listed in the summary note closely reflect titles from original file folders in which material was received; original folders were discarded at time of cataloging.
Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Brigham Young University. Memorial Hall
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Colleges and Universities
- Ernest L. Wilkinson Student Center
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Monuments
- Politics, Government, and Law
- Soldiers -- Monuments -- United States
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Monuments
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Monuments
- Register of Alumni Association records on Memorial Hall dedication
- Jennifer Kim
- 2011 August 24
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections. University Archives Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo UT 84602 US