Emeritus Club records
Scope and Contents
Contains slides, histories, notes, and minutes on the Emeritus Association. Materials date from between 1940 and 1995.
- Brigham Young University. Emeritus Club (creator, Organization)
- Brigham Young University. Alumni Association (contributor, Organization)
- Schulthess, David A. (David Arnold), 1924-2014 (contributor, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Emeritus Club records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
The Emeritus Club was founded in 1941 by Richard R. Lyman, and was created as a branch of the Brigham Young University Alumni Association. All graduates who attended Brigham Young Academy during the Karl G. Maeser presidency, all those who graduated 50 years before the Emeritus Club was formed, or all those who are 70 years or older and have served on the Brigham Young University Board of Trustees or the faculty are included in the Brigham Young University Emeritus Club. In 1996, membership in the Emeritus Club was expanded to those who had graduated 40 years earlier, and the name changed to the Emeritus Association.
2 cartons (2 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
Inventory, prepared by office of origin, available in repository.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred; Dave Schulthess, Alumni House; 1995.
University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
- Register of Emeritus Club records
- Rose Frank
- 2011 August 4
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.