College of Engineering Sciences and Technology photographs
Scope and Contents
Contains photographs and negatives taken by an unidentified College of Engineering Sciences and Technology faculty member. Photographs document faculty, students, equipment, and construction related to the college. Negatives also include some aerial shots of Brigham Young University campus. Dated approximately 1974-1980.
- approximately 1974-1980
- Brigham Young University. College of Engineering Sciences and Technology (creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from College of Engineering Sciences and Techology photographs must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
The College of Engineering Sciences and Technology (1973-1984) was an administrative unit at Brigham Young University.
The College of Engineering Sciences and Technology was established in 1973 when the College of Physical and Engineering Sciences split into the College of Engineering Sciences and Technology and the College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences. The college continued in operation under its name until it was established as the College of Engineering and Technology in 1984. Between 1973 and 1984, the College of Engineering Sciences and Technology was administered by deans Armin J. Hill and L. Douglas Smoot.
The College of Engineering Sciences and Technology was the administering body for the following departments: Chemical Engineering Science, Civil Engineering Science, Electrical Engineering Science, Mechanical Engineering Science, Industrial Education, Technology, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering. The college was administered by a dean under the direction of the president of the university.
1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Transferred from the Ira A. Fulton College of Engineering and Technology in April 2014.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred; Ira A. Fulton College of Engineering and Technology; April 2014.
University records (University Archives Collecting Policy February 2010).
Processed; Hannah Waddel; May 27, 2014.
- Black-and-white negatives
- Brigham Young University -- Aerial views
- Brigham Young University -- Buildings -- Photographs
- Brigham Young University. College of Engineering Sciences and Technology -- Photographs
- College buildings -- Utah -- Provo -- Design and construction -- Photographs
- College campuses -- Utah -- Provo -- Aerial photographs
- Colleges and Universities
- Register of College of Engineering Sciences and Technology photographs
- Hannah Waddel
- 2014 May 27
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.