College of General Studies records
Scope and Contents
Contains meeting minutes, correspondence, lectures, surveys, newspaper clippings, department policies, articles, and projects relating to the Curriculum Council and the General Education Program (now the Office of Undergraduate Education) from 1971 to 1978.
- Brigham Young University. College of General Studies (creator, Organization)
- Warner, C. Terry (contributor, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to use material from this collection must be obtained from Reference Services at email@example.com.
Conditions Governing Use
Restricted. Closed for 70 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy. Additional restrictions for HR records may be necessary.
The College of General Studies (1972-1979) was an administrative unit at Brigham Young University.
The College of General Studies was established in 1972 in a reorganization of the earlier General College, and was responsible for administering the university's general education program. It also administered a number of instructional units and programs, including minority education and the ROTC. The dean of the college was C. Terry Warner. The college was reorganized in 1979 as Nonmajor Programs.
11 cartons (11 linear ft.)
1 oversize folder (0.1 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Collection was left in its original order.
Donated by C. Terry Warner in 1989.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; C. Terry Warner; 1989.
Part of University Archives; college records (University Archives collecting policy February 2010).
Processed; Stephanie Laabs; May 2010.
Processed; Starrla Pearson; December 2022. Updated finding aid for DACS compliance and accuracy. Addendum processed and rehoused.
- Register of College of General Studies records
- Under Revision
- Stephanie Laabs
- 2010 May 10
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Carton: 1 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 2 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 3 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 4 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 5 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 6 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 7 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 8 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 9 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 10 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 11 (Mixed Materials)
- oversize-folder: 12 (Text)
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections. University Archives Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo UT 84602 US