College of Engineering Sciences and Technology project records
Scope and Contents
Contains materials from the Brigham Young University College of Engineering Sciences and Technology, including research materials for college projects, theses drafts, class and exam notes from various engineering and communications courses, geological reports produced by faculty, building design data, and other records. Materials date from between 1966 and 1981.
- Brigham Young University. College of Engineering Sciences and Technology (creator, Organization)
- Brigham Young University. College of Physical and Engineering Sciences (contributor, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the College of Engineering Sciences and Technology project records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
The College of Engineering Sciences and Technology (1973-1984) was an administrative unit at Brigham Young University.
The College of Engineering Sciences and Technology was established in 1973 when the College of Physical and Engineering Sciences split into the College of Engineering Sciences and Technology and the College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences. The college continued in operation under its name until it was established as the College of Engineering and Technology in 1984. Between 1973 and 1984, the College of Engineering Sciences and Technology was administered by deans Armin J. Hill and L. Douglas Smoot. The College of Engineering Sciences and Technology was the administering body for the following departments: Chemical Engineering Science, Civil Engineering Science, Electrical Engineering Science, Mechanical Engineering Science, Industrial Education, Technology, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering. The college was administered by a dean under the direction of the president of the university.
The College of Physical and Engineering Science (1954-1973) was established after the division of the College of Arts and Sciences.
The College of Physical and Engineering Sciences was established in 1954 by Ernest L. Wilkinson. Once housed in the College of Arts and Sciences, the new college was meant to focus on education and principles of physical science for students interested in engineering, industrial work, and research in various scientific fields. In 1973, Dallin H. Oaks changed the college to the College of Engineering Sciences and Technology.
4 cartons (4 linear ft.)
1 oversize box (1.66 linear ft.)
4 folders (0.2 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Materials transferred to the repository by Records Management in 1989.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred; Records Management; 1989.
Administration (University Archives Collection Development Policy, V.b.v.2.a, October 8, 2015).
Revised; Jeremy Meservy, student manuscript processor, and Cory Nimer, curator; 2018.
Revised; Andy VanDomelen, student manuscript processor, and Cory Nimer, curator; 2019.
- Register of College of Engineering Sciences and Technology project records
- In Progress
- Jeremy Meservy
- 2017 October 17
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- 2018 April 30: Reorganized the collection into three series and removed irrelevant published materials; Jeremy Meservy, student processor.