Student Loan Association of Utah records
Scope and Contents
Contains minutes of directors meeting, articles of agreement, licenses, correspondence, financial records, and applications for loans, 1891-1932. Also includes a handwritten letter from George Q. Cannon requesting balance information for Lilian H. Cannon (see folder 3).
- Student Loan Association of Utah (creator, Organization)
- Brimhall, George H. (George Henry), 1853-1932 (contributor, Person)
- Cannon, George Q. (George Quayle), 1827-1901 (contributor, Person)
- Cluff, Benjamin, Jr., 1858-1948 (contributor, Person)
- Dusenberry, Warren N. (Warren Newton), 1836-1915 (contributor, Person)
- Keeler, Joseph B. (Joseph Brigham), 1855-1935 (contributor, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Student Loan Association of Utah records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
The Association was legally incorporated to negotiate loans, take securities, hold real estate, and take mortgages. The directors and officers included Benjamin Cluff, Warren Dusenberry, Joseph B. Keeler, E. A. Wilson, and George H. Brimhall.
1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
According to the articles of agreement, the Student Loan Association was incorporated and licensed so that "the object and pursuit ... shall be loaning money for the purpose of aiding persons to attend school at the Brigham Young Academy ...."
- Brigham Young Academy -- Funds and scholarships
- Brigham Young Academy -- Finance
- Brigham Young University -- Funds and scholarships
- Brigham Young University -- Finance
- Colleges and Universities
- Financial records
- Minutes (Records)
- Register of Student Loan Association of Utah records
- Rose Frank
- 2011 July 21
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections. University Archives Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo UT 84602 US