Counseling Service records
Scope and Contents
Contains correspondence, financial records, reports, and statistics produced by Vern Jensen for the Counseling Service. Also includes some correspondence while Jensen served as bishop of the BYU 26th Ward. Materials date from between 1954 and 1964.
- Brigham Young University. Counseling Service (creator, Organization)
- Jensen, Vern H. (Vern Harmon), 1918-1980 (contributor, Person)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Brigham Young University 26th Ward (Provo, Utah) (contributor, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Counseling Service records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
The Counseling Service (1946-1967) was a student services unit at Brigham Young University. The service had responsibility for incoming student registration, counseling, occupation advising, and testing services.
Vern H. Jensen was assistant director of the Counseling Service between 1954 and 1964.
3 boxes (1.5 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Register of Counseling Service records
- Rose Frank
- 2011 July 29
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.