Beaver Branch records
Scope and Contents
Contains Beaver Branch school catalogs, programs for commencement exercises and other events, invitations to dances and closing week, a collection of handwritten school yells, and other ephemera such as admission cards, postcards, and announcements. It also includes a brief history of the academy written by Mary K. Davis, and a photocopied handwritten narrative describing the campus buildings. Also contains several oversize photographs of students, faculty, and the campus. The history of the academy is dated 1967. All other materials are dated 1898-1908.
- Brigham Young University. Beaver Branch (creator, Organization)
- Brigham Young Academy. Beaver Branch (creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to use material from this collection must be obtained from Reference Services at email@example.com.
The Beaver Branch (1898-1903) was a religious secondary school and teacher training institution affiliated with Brigham Young Academy in Beaver, Utah. It was located at the entrance of Beaver Canyon, on the property of "Old Fort Cameron," a previous military outpost. With the renaming of its parent organization as Brigham Young University in 1903, the Beaver Branch changed its name as well. Principals of the school included Ernest DeAlton Partridge (1898-1903) and Andrew B. Anderson (1903).
The Beaver Branch (1903-1908) was a religious secondary school and teacher training institution operated by Brigham Young University in Beaver, Utah. Principals included Andrew B. Anderson (1903-1904, 1906-1907) and Josiah E. Hickman (1907-1908). In 1908, the school separated from the university and was renamed the Murdock Academy.
25 folders (0.21 linear ft.)
8 oversize folders (0.23 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
Processed; Kayla Quinney; January 2009.
- Photocopies of the White & Blue, volume XI, No. 8
- Academic catalogs
- Brigham Young Academy. Beaver Branch -- History
- Brigham Young Academy. Beaver Branch -- Students
- Brigham Young University. Beaver Branch -- History
- Brigham Young University. Beaver Branch -- Students
- Elementary and Secondary Education
- High schools -- Utah -- Beaver
- Local histories
- Printed ephemera
- Student activities
- Register of the Beaver Branch records
- Kayla Quinney
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- 2009 March 20: Finding aid updated and aligned with catalog record; Cory Nimer.
- 2020 January 3: Item level description added, additional materials added to finding aid; Karen Glenn.