Skip to main content

Department of Instructional Science records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 1253

Scope and Contents

Contains information pertaining to the Reading Program administered in elementary schools around Utah County.


  • 1982


Conditions Governing Access

Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.

Conditions Governing Use

It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Department of Instructional Science records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.

Administrative History

The College of Education began as the Church Teachers College, which then became the School of Education. In 1921, newly appointed President Harris created the College of Education from the School of Education. The College of Education became the David O. McKay School of Education in 1998. Curriculum and Instructional Science is now Curriculum and Instructional Methods and is a department in the School of Education.


7 boxes (3.5 linear ft.)

Language of Materials


Other Finding Aids

File-level inventory available online.

Custodial History

Found in the stacks, March 2006


Departmental records (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).

Register of Department of Instructional Science records
Rose Frank
2011 September 8
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
Script of description
Language of description note
Finding aid written in English in Latin script.

Repository Details

Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections. University Archives Repository

1130 HBLL
Brigham Young University
Provo UT 84602 US