Office of Women's Activities scrapbook
Scope and Contents
Scrapbook consists of posters, newspaper clippings, and documents related to the Office of Women's Activities present on the BYU campus during the 1970s. The scrapbook includes the office manual and register of officers of the Office of Women's Activities during 1971 to 1972. The posters and newspaper clippings concern events sponsored by the Office of Women's activities, including dances, lectures and bridal fairs. The scrapbook dates from 1971 to 1972.
- Associated Students of Brigham Young University. Office of Women's Activities (creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to use material from this collection must be obtained from Reference Services at email@example.com.
The Office of Women's Activities of the Associated Students of Brigham Young University was created in the 1970s to serve the specific needs of BYU women. Although originally re-enforcing the traditional roles of Mormon women, by 1976 the Office of Women's Activities had become more intellectually-driven, creating what would become known as Women's Conference.
1 oversize folder (0.4 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Donated in 1984.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
Processed; Mary Downs; 2009.
- Register of Office of Women's Activities scrapbook
- Mary Downs, student processor and John Murphy, curator
- 2009 May 26
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- 2009 July 15: Updated for DACS and subject compliance by Cory Nimer.