Utah Beta Chapter photographs
Scope and Contents
Contains scrapbooks and records of the Brigham Young University Utah Beta Chapter of the Theta Alpha Phi drama society including programs and snapshots of various productions.
- Theta Alpha Phi. Utah Beta Chapter (creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to public access. Kept in cold storage; access requires 24 hours advance notice.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Utah Beta Chapter photographs must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
The Utah Beta Chapter (established 1924) of the Theta Alpha Phi honorary dramatic fraternity is a student managed organization which hosts dramatic presentations and fosters creative expression in college students at Brigham Young University.
The dramatic fraternity Theta Alpha Phi recognizes students who have achieved high honors in drama. The Utah Beta Chapter, created in 1924 at Brigham Young University, includes students who have reached a certain level of mastery in performance and scholarship. The Utah Beta Chapter fosters achievement in drama, initiating members based on their demonstration of skill and appreciation for the craft. Students participate in performance and encourage appreciation for the arts in other areas of study, providing events and exhibitions for those who lack understanding or interest in theatre. Officers and members must be involved in theatre arts and have good standing with the university.
1 oversize box (1 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
These items was donated to Special Collections in 1995.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donation; Harold I. Hansen; 1995.
Students and student organizations (University Archives Collection Development Policy, V.b.v.2.c, October 2015).
- Brigham Young University -- Students
- Brigham Young University. Department of Theatre and Media Arts
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Colleges and Universities
- Greek letter societies -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs
- Theater -- Societies, etc.
- Theta Alpha Phi
- Register of Utah Beta Chapter photographs
- Abe Austin
- 2012 April 5
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- 2013 January 23: Authority name record work; Sarah Flinders.