Harold B. Lee Library administrative records
Scope and Contents
Contains files dealing with collection acquisitions for Brigham Young University Special Collections. Contains records for collection development; integrated library system; Alice Louise Reynolds and other collections; different library departments' papers; library annual reports, 1955-1985; budgeting requests and records; insurance values reports; library policy and procedure manuals; and other miscellaneous papers.
- approximately 1955-1993
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances.
Permission to publish material from the Harold B. Lee Library administrative records, circa 1955-1993 must be obtained from the Permissions & Licensing Office of the University and the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
The Harold B. Lee Library (1973- ) is the library on the campus of Brigham Young University, and is responsible for providing students and the community with valuable resources for research, media projects, and personal use.
The Harold B. Lee Library was aligned with Media Services under the Assistant Academic Vice President of Brigham Young University in 1973. In that same year, the J. Reuben Clark, Jr., Library was renamed the Harold B. Lee Library. Internally, the Harold B. Lee Library is managed by the library director, who is aided by an associate university librarian and assistant university librarians, who oversee divisions of the library. Directors have included Donald K. Nelson (1973-1980), Sterling J. Albrecht (1980-2002), Randy J. Olsen (2002-2009), Julene Butler (2010-2012), Scott Duvall (interim, 2012-2013), and Jennifer Paustenbaugh (2013- ). The library building was expanded in 1976 and 2000 and continues to provide students and faculty access to scholarly materials.
A. Dean Larsen (b. 1930) was the acquisition librarian at Brigham Young University.
16 cartons (16 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
A more detailed finding aid is available online. http://lib.byu.edu/EAD/XML/MSS2207.xml
Other Finding Aids
Box-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS2207.xml
Departmental records (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
Processed; A. Dean Larsen; 2001.
- Register of the Harold B. Lee Library administrative records
- A. Dean Larsen
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008
- 2009 September 3: GilEADized to correct small errors.
- 2009 September 3: Updated to DACS and CCLA compliance by Ryan Sagers.
- Carton: 1 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 2 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 3 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 4 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 5 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 6 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 7 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 8 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 9 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 10 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 11 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 12 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 13 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 14 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 15 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 16 (Mixed Materials)