Etchings relating to Brigham Young University
Scope and Contents
Contains artist's renderings of Brigham Young and another man in Emigration Canyon, and of various campus scenes at Brigham Young Academy and Brigham Young University, including: bell tower, Karl G. Maeser Building, Wasatch Mountains, graduation, whitewashing the Y, Lewis Building fire, man and woman by canal, marching band, Ernest L. Wilkinson addressing assembly for new students, and flag raising. C. L. Purcell identified as artist on some pieces. Contains 21 items.
- approximately 1975
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to use material from this collection must be obtained from Reference Services at email@example.com.
1 oversize folder (0.2 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Pieces apparently done in conjunction with BYU centennial, 1975. Verso of each contains label with "Centennial Collection Printout Number" and "Centennial Collection Display Number." Items received in University Archives from BYU Bookstore, probably in 1998.
University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
- Brigham Young Academy -- Anniversaries, etc.
- Brigham Young Academy -- Pictorial works
- Brigham Young University -- Pictorial works
- Brigham Young University -- Bands
- Brigham Young University -- Buildings
- Colleges and Universities
- Etchings (Prints) -- United States -- 20th century
- Wilkinson, Ernest L., 1899-1978
- Young, Brigham, 1801-1877
- Register of Etchings relating to Brigham Young University
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 September 15
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.