Physical Plant Department records on the Faculty Office Building, 1967-1974
Scope and Contents
Contains specifications, addendums, bidding, change orders, building schedules, contracts, inspection records, insurance records, job instructions, keying schedule, lien waivers, mail room records, and payment and budget records related to the Faculty Office Building. Also contains records from those involved in the construction of the building, including Interstate Pipe and Weld, Iverson Construction, and Young and Fowler Association. Materials date from between 1967 and 1974.
- Brigham Young University. Physical Plant Department (creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Physical Plant Department records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
The Physical Plant Department (1954- ) functions to coordinate the building and grounds maintenance of Brigham Young University.
The Physical Plant Department, previously the Department of Buildings and Grounds, was established in 1954. The Physical Plant functions under the Physical Facilities Division and is responsible for maintaining university utilities, overseeing engineering and construction, maintaining the grounds, maintaining the buildings (including custodial services), overseeing transportation services, and administering to campus projects. Directors of the department have included Leland M. Perry (1954-1957), Sam F. Brewster (1957-1974), Fred A. Schwendiman (1974), Harold J. Anderson (1979-1986), Douglas Christensen (1986-1990), and Scott Briggs (1990- ).
Language of Materials