Audio Visual Center chairman community education meeting minutes, 1959-1964
Scope and Contents note
Materials contain meeting minutes from Community Education. Dated from 1959 to 1964.
- Lindeman, LeRoy R. (LeRoy Russell), 1928-1996 (Person)
- Brigham Young University. Audio Visual Services (Organization)
- Brigham Young University. Department of Audio-Visual Communications (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances.
Permission to publish material from the Division of Continuing Education records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the Special Collections Board of Curators.
LeRoy R. Lindeman (1928-1996) was a department chairman of the Department of Audio-Visual Communications at Brigham Young University.
LeRoy Lindeman was born May 3, 1928 in Salt Lake City, Utah to Russell O. and Lizzie Thorup Lindeman. He married Barbara Faerber on March 18, 1948. He was a professor at the University of Utah and Brigham Young University and the director of Curriculum for the State Board of Education. From 1960 to 1966 Lindeman was the Department Chairman of the Department of Audio-Visual Communications at Brigham Young University. He died June 6, 1996.
The Department of Audio-Visual Services (1957-1960) was created to be in charge of all of Brigham Young Universities audio and visual materials.
The Department of Audio-Visual Services was created in 1957 and was part of Adult Education and Extension Services. Those who served as department chairmen were: Clarence Tydall (1956-1959) and Evan J. Memmott (acting chair, 1959-1960). In 1960 the name of the department was changed to the Department of Audio-Visual Communications.
The Department of Audio-Visual Communications (1960-1966) was part of Adult Education and Extension Services.
The Department of Audio-Visual Communications was created in 1960. Previously it was known as the Department of Audio-Visual Services. The department chairman was LeRoy L. Lindeman (1960-66). He was also in charge of the Audio-Visual Equipment Committee in at least 1963.
Language of Materials
Arranged alphabetically by department or topic.
Other Finding Aids
A more detailed finding aid is available in print in the repository.
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA547.xml
- Brigham Young University -- Study and teaching (Continuing education)
- Brigham Young University. Adult Education and Extension Services
- Brigham Young University. Department of Conferences and Workshops
- Brigham Young University. Department of Evening Classes
- Brigham Young University. Department of Independent Study Programs
- Brigham Young University. Division of Continuing Education -- History
- Clark, Harold Glen, 1902-1984
- Colleges and Universities
- Education Week
- Education, Higher -- Utah -- Provo -- History
- Henstrom, Richard H.
- Hilton, Lynn M.
- Minutes (Records)
- Nelson, Lowry, 1893-
- Peterson, Stanley A.
- Robinson, Phileon B. (Phileon Benjamin), 1923-2003