Skip to main content

Brigham Young University records on accreditation and community relations, 1996-2001

 Series — Carton: 94, Folder: 1-10
Identifier: UA 1073 Series 7

Scope and Contents

Contains information on the accreditation of Brigham Young University in 1996 and files on community relations with Provo City.

Dates

  • 1996-2001

Conditions Governing Access

Restricted. Closed for 70 years from the end date of the administration, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.

Conditions Governing Use

It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Office of the President records, 1996-2003 must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.

Administrative History

From the Collection:

Brigham Young University was established in 1875 as Brigham Young Academy and headed by a principal. In 1894 Benjamin Cluff changed the title of the head of the Academy to "president" and gave the title "principal" to the heads of the various departments. Brigham Young Academy became Brigham Young University in 1903. The Office of the President is responsible for the administration of the university and interfacing with the Board of Trustees.

Extent

1 carton

Language

English

Other Finding Aids

A more detailed finding aid is available in the repository.

Other Finding Aids

File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA1073.xml

Creator

Repository Details

Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections. University Archives Repository

Contact:
1130 HBLL
Brigham Young University
Provo UT 84602 US