Skip to main content

English Department departmental records, 1984-1998

 Series — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 1208 Series 2

Scope and Contents

Contains department records of the English Department from 1984-1998. These records include university schedules, correspondence, surveys, self-study reports, and minutes.


  • 1984-1998


Conditions Governing Access

Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.

Conditions Governing Use

It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from English Department records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.

Administrative History

From the Collection:

The English Department of Brigham Young University is a part of the College of Humanities. When the College of Humanities was established in 1965 it consisted of four original areas of study, with English being the largest department in the College as well as on campus. At that time the English Department was housed primarily in the Jesse Knight Building, with the faculty occupying most of the annex of the same building. Although the College of Humanities was founded in 1965, the English Department had been an integral part of the University from the beginning when BYU was first started.


2 cartons

8 folders

Language of Materials


Other Finding Aids

A more detailed finding aid is available in the repository.

Other Finding Aids

File-level inventory available online.

Repository Details

Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections. University Archives Repository

1130 HBLL
Brigham Young University
Provo UT 84602 US