Department of Mathematics faculty meeting minutes and correspondence, 1978-2000
Scope and Contents
Contains meeting minutes and correspondence from faculty meetings within the department. Materials date from between 1978 and 2000.
- Brigham Young University. Department of Mathematics (creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Department of Mathematics records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
The Department of Mathematics is an instructional unit at Brigham Young University.
The Department of Mathematics was formed in 1921 in the College of Arts and Sciences as part of a division of the earlier Department of Mathematics and Physics. It was later transferred to the College of Physical and Engineering Sciecnes in 1954, and to the current College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences in 1973. The department provides instruction in the field of mathematics. Chairs have included Carl F. Eyring (1921-1929, 1931-1937, 1939-1951), Milton Marshall (1929-1931, 1938, and 1953-1957), Harvey J. Fletcher (1958-1963), Kenneth J. Hillam (1964-1978), Peter A. Crawley (1978-1990), Donald W. Robinson (1990-1995), Peter W. Bates (1993-1995), Gerald M. Armstrong (1995-1998), Wayne W. Barrett (1998-2001), Lynn E. Garner (2001-2007), Tyler J. Jarvis (2007-2012), and Robin O. Roundy (2012- ).
Language of Materials